Recapping March 2023 Sales Data for Phoenix, Arizona Real Estate Market
Monthly Home Sales Data for Phoenix, Arizona
Actives vs. UCB/CCBS
Months Supply of Inventory
New List Prices
Sales Price Forecast
Distressed Homes / Foreclosures Pending
Average Days On Market
Choosing the right color for your home’s exterior can be a daunting task, as it can significantly impact your home’s curb appeal and overall value. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) recently released an article highlighting the five most popular colors for a home’s exterior. Let’s summarize the article and provide additional information on the most popular colors for the past few years.
The Five Most Popular Exterior Home Colors
According to the NAR article, the top five most popular colors for a home’s exterior are white, gray, blue, beige/tan (off-white), and brown. Let’s take a closer look at each of these colors and why they’re so popular.
- White is a classic and timeless color that can make any home look elegant and sophisticated. It’s also a good choice for homes located in hot climates, as it reflects sunlight and helps keep the interior cool. Additionally, white is a versatile color that can pair well with any accent color, making it an excellent choice for those who like to change up their home’s decor often.
- Gray is a trendy color that has been growing in popularity over the past few years. It’s a neutral color that can give your home a modern and sleek look, especially when paired with white accents. Gray is also a versatile color that can work well with various accent colors, such as blue, green, and even red.
- Blue is a calming and soothing color that can make your home feel welcoming and inviting. It’s an excellent choice for homes located near water or in coastal areas, as it can complement the natural surroundings. Blue can pair well with white, gray, and yellow accents.
- Beige and tan are also classic colors that can give your home a warm and welcoming feel. Great for homes located in suburban or rural areas, as they can complement the natural surroundings. Beige and tan can also pair well with various accent colors, such as green, blue, and red.
- Brown is a rich and earthy color that can give your home a warm and inviting feel. If a home is located in wooded or rural areas, it can complement the natural surroundings. Brown pairs well with various accent colors, such as white, beige, and green.
The Most Popular Exterior Home Colors in Recent Years
While the NAR article highlights the most popular colors for a home’s exterior in the current year, it’s interesting to look at the most popular colors for the past few years to see how trends have changed.
Sherwin-Williams has named some of the most popular exterior home colors in recent years. In 2022, the company named Evergreen Fog, a fresh and calming green-gray, as its Color of the Year for exteriors. Sherwin-Williams named Urbane Bronze, a sophisticated and warm gray-brown, as its Color of the Year for exteriors in 2021. In 2020, the most popular exterior color was Naval, a rich and bold shade of blue. In 2019, the most popular color was Cavern Clay, a warm and earthy shade of orange. The most popular exterior color in 2018 was Oceanside, a deep and moody blue-green. In 2017, Poised Taupe, a warm and cozy shade of gray-brown, was the most popular color. In 2016, the top pick was Alabaster, a soft and inviting white. These colors reflect current trends and styles in home exteriors and can help homeowners achieve a fresh and modern look.
As you can see, color trends for a home’s exterior can change from year to year, but classic and timeless colors such as white, gray, blue, beige/tan, and brown are always in style.
Choosing the Right Color for Your Home’s Exterior
Choosing the right color for your home’s exterior is a crucial decision that can significantly impact your home’s curb appeal and overall value. The most popular colors for a home’s exterior in the current year, according to the NAR article, are white, gray, blue, beige/tan, and brown. These are great colors that you can feel safe with. However, it’s essential to consider your personal preferences, the style of your home, and the surrounding environment when choosing a color. Whether you opt for a classic and timeless color or a trendy and bold shade, make sure it’s a color that you love and that will make you happy every time you come home.